We suggest taking advantage of public transport to get to Steamfest. You can find further information on available options by visiting the Public Transport page.
If you are unable to take advantage of public transport and will be driving to Steamfest we recommend parking at the entrance to Maitland Park on Elgin Street (and using the pedestrian walkway to cross over the Highway).
The below map is interactive, click on the icons for further information on car parks.
There will be a number of road closures over the Steamfest weekend, please see a detailed list of closures below including dates and times of each.
- Maitland Railway Station car park
- Church Street between Pender Place southern driveway and Les Darcy Drive
- Olive Street between Church Street and Elgin Street
- Railway Street between Church Street and Elgin Street
- Station Street between Elgin Street and cul-de-sac
- Allan Walsh Drive between Ken Tubman Drive and Church Street
- Ballard Street between Steam Street and Church Street
- Fran Dawson Road between Ballard Street and end of the road
- Steam Street between cul-de-sac and Elgin Street
- Napoleon Lane, south of Olive Street
Show ‘n’ Shine, Maitland Park
- Internal road closures through Maitland Park between the main entrance and Maitland pool
There are a range of parks throughout Central Maitland available, please see below the recommended parks:
- St Andrews Street Car Park
- Maitland Riverside Car Park
- Elgin Street Car Park
- Albion Street Car Park
- Sempil Street Car Park
- Maitland Park
Each of these car parks have accessibility parking available.
A temporary 5 minute drop off zone will be located in Athel D’Ombrain Drive. Please refer to road closure map for details.
Burton Automotive Hunter Valley Steamfest Accessibility Parking will be located in the car park of The Grand Junction Hotel (88 Church St, Maitland NSW 2320).
The driveway entrance of the car park is uneven in some places, however there are accessible pathways to access the site.
Cars will be required to present their mobility parking permit to traffic control to be allowed access through the road closure at Allan Walsh Drive.